This data protection information applies to the use of the website en.location-lanzarote.com (hereinafter referred to as "website") and is valid from 1 September 2020. The following information applies to the website, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Location Properties S.L. in its function of responsible authority (hereinafter also referred to as "Location Properties") informs its users that - by using the website, personal data about them will be processed, in particular:
- personal data (e.g., e-mail address, first name, surname, title, address, telephone number – in the following “data” or “personal data”) provided by users at the time of registration on the website or during use of one of the services available on the website (e.g., in connection with contact requests and newsletter mails as well as for the determination of market prices)
- personal data transferred from the user’s internet browser each time the user accesses the website and stored within log files, also known as server logs. This data comprises: IP address (Internet protocol address) of the accessing computer; name of the accessed site; date and time of access; related URL from which the user accesses the site; number of transferred data items; status report of successful access; session ID number
Purpose of processing
Location Properties as a responsible authority, processes the personal data of website users for the following purposes:
- Fulfilment of users' contact enquiries (legal basis is the fulfilment of the contract and - in the event of the user data being passed on - the legitimate interest of Location Properties in passing on contact or service enquiries within to companies/license partners that are competent in terms of subject matter or geography;
- Fulfilment of the request for an evaluation of the property described by the user in line with the market price as well as the interest in making a sale transmitted with it (legal basis is the fulfilment of the contract as well as, in the event that the user enters contact details and these are passed on to companies with legal or geographical responsibility or to the company responsible for the evaluation, your consent as well as, in the event that the contact details are used for direct marketing, the legitimate interest of Location Properties in marketing its own services);
- Contact via telephone by Location Properties (legal basis is the fulfilment of the contract or, if the telephone number is used to advertise similar goods and services, the legitimate interest to advertise Location Properties services in the context of direct marketing);
- The forwarding of e-mail newsletters containing the company’s own offers and advertising by the company or third parties to the legally permissible extent or based on consent. (Legal basis is either the consent or the legitimate interest of Location Properties in the context of direct marketing, providing this is in accordance with data protection and competition rules);
- For the functionality and optimization of the Location Properties website. (Legal basis is the legitimate interest of Location Properties to in continuously improving the quality of the website and property app and ensure its ease of use);
- Analysis of the website for determining user behavior. (Legal basis is consent.);
- Identification and possible blocking of users who have installed a so-called adblocker and who thereby block advertising. (Legal basis is the legitimate interest of Location Properties of providing users who do not block advertising with wholly or partially web-financed offers);
- In order to prevent fraudulent activities or misuse on the website or in connection with the website or property app and to observe the legal stipulations for secure websites. (Legal basis is the legitimate interest of Location Properties in eliminating faults, ensuring system security, and identifying unauthorized access attempts or accesses.)
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is GDPR Article 6(1)(a), if the processing is based on consent, Article 6(1)(b) if the basis for processing is a contractual relationship and Article 6(1)(f) if the basis for processing is Location Properties legitimate interests.
If the legal basis is your consent, you are entitled to revoke your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation. If the legal basis is a legitimate interest, you are also entitled in principle to object to the processing of your personal data at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation. Article 21 GDPR applies in this respect.
Nature of provision of personal data and consequences of objection
The provision of personal data by users is voluntary. They may freely decide whether to make personal data available to Location Properties and may subsequently revoke their consent to the processing of personal data which has already been made available. Revocation may mean that the Location Properties website is no longer usable.
Access to data
The personal data is processed by Location Properties and (with respect to individual items) particularly by:
- Employees (permanent employees such as employees and independent property consultants) and consultants authorized to administer the website and provide the associated services.
- Third-party supplier companies (e.g., IT service providers, hosting providers, etc.) to which Location Properties has outsourced processing services as part of a job processing agreement.
Information about the data
As the responsible authority we are able to provide information about your personal data. However, this information may only be given for the following reasons:
- In the case of fulfilment of legal obligations or obligations arising from regulations and guidelines under national or European laws.
- For defense in court in the case of a legal dispute.
Disclosure of data
If your query relates to offers from other companies, Location Properties transfers the personal data entered by you in this case to the respective company with your prior consent or on the basis of its legitimate interests. Other than this, your personal data will not be disclosed by Location Properties.
Disclosure of data in non-EEA countries
Location Properties will not transfer any personal data to non-EEA countries without your consent. The servers used by Location Properties are located within the European Union.
If your query relates to companies outside the European Union, we will transfer your data after obtaining your consent.
In cases where personal data is transferred to countries that do not offer the same level of protection as within the European Union and you have not expressly agreed to the transfer of your data to those countries by way of your consent, Location Properties will ensure that certain contractual obligations under applicable data protection law (including the execution of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Union) are agreed with each service provider, unless Location Properties can invoke other legal grounds for the transfer of personal data.
Saving and deleting of data
Location Properties saves personal data for the time necessary for achieving the purposes for which the data was collected and processed, including any retention period stipulated under the applicable legislation (e.g., retention of accounting records) and in any case for a maximum of 24 months after the personal data was collected.
In addition to the above-mentioned processing of personal data, cookies and other tracking technologies are stored on your end device during or after your visit to Location Properties.
Which cookies does Location Properties use in general?
Depending on their function and purpose, cookies are divided into various categories by Location Properties. "Essential" cookies are required to enable Location Properties to provide the online offering in a secure and user-friendly manner. This category includes, for example:
- cookies that serve to identify or authenticate our users and
- cookies that temporarily store certain user entries.
These cookies enable you to navigate through the Location Properties online offers and use the functions as desired. Without these cookies, essential services of Location Properties cannot be provided.
The legal basis for setting these cookies is the legitimate interest of Location Properties that the online services can be used securely and easily and that the quality of the online services and content is constantly improved.
No consent is required for the use of "essential" cookies. They cannot be deactivated.
No consent is required for the use of "analytical" cookies, as we manage them in using with Google's GDPR consent feature (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9976101) using assumed denial - meaning statistics are recorded anonymously and without any storage.
You can deactivate the storage of cookies via your browser settings and delete previously stored cookies in your browser at any time. Please note, however, that this online offer may not function or may only function to a limited extent without cookies.
Rights of data subjects
You have the right to information with regard to the processing of your personal data (for example, the origin of this data, the processing purpose, the modalities of the data processing). Under certain conditions, you are also entitled to object to data processing in the future, to restrict it or to request that the data be deleted. Finally, you can prevent the sending of advertising material or the implementation of market research or commercial communications at any time.
In summary, you are entitled to :
- deletion (or to be forgotten),
- limitation of processing,
- data portability,
- objection to the processing of your personal data,
- lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities.
Please note that your right to deletion is subject to certain restrictions. For instance, we are not obliged to or may not be permitted to delete any data which we need to retain for a further period under a statutory retention period. Data needed by us for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims is also exempt from your right to deletion.
To exercise the above rights and to request information, users may write to the following e-mail address [email protected] or postal address Location Properties S.L., Avda. Islas Canarias, C.C. Maretas, Local 15, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain. Similarly, users may at any time revoke consent to the processing of their data or request that their data is corrected or deleted.
The responsible authority for processing of data is Location Properties S.L. located at Avda. Islas Canarias, C.C. Maretas, Local 15, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain. In the event of questions regarding our data processors, we are happy to make a current list of these available to you.
If you have questions about this data protection declaration or data protection, please contact [email protected].